Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Welcome to Art Club!

Welcome to Art Club! For the rest of the year I will be posting ideas or mini-assignments for you to follow along with at home every Friday. I know that some of my students are addicted to Art! I wanted to share with them ideas and inspiration to find their own art adventures at home.

This year I was fortunate enough to win a grant from the D62 Foundation to form an Art Club with my students! I have always wanted to have an Art Club at Cumberland School. However, this year I am at 3 different Elementary schools. I want for all of my students to have an opportunity to participate.

The way this Club is structured is that ALL of my students are able to follow along and be creative in their free time. I would love to see what students come up with on their own as well, and would love to post their work on here. All of my 4th and 5th grade students made a book, or journal that they will collect their work in. Please feel free to use a sketchbook, or folder to collect your work in at home. I will be meeting at lunch with my 4th and 5th grade students that are participating from Cumberland for special activities as well.

Mrs. White and I with the prize patrol 

Before Winter Break students sewed together books to collect their drawings in. We also created unique covers with our names on them using scrap book paper and fun tools! It was a great activity as we prepared for winter break :)





1 comment: